My Sumilao Night Sky

My Sumilao Night Sky
Or wherever I may be, you never fail to seduce me, Ms. Luna

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

AI-evoked Catharsis

Some people are so generous that they hope to be blissful even for a little while. While some of us have the tendency to be more extravagant and want to be blissful most if not all the time.

But life is unfair and we have to accept that reality.Despite wanting to be happy all the time, we know that we can't be for that is impossible. I want to believe that wanting to be happy is not at all bad, however I sometimes feel that there is a major tendency to be selfish because of that desire to be happy always.

Life will throw at us stones, lemons, what have you but we have to gladly accept that these are all part of a scheme that sometimes we do not have control over.

I am breaking in tears and as usual in moments of catharsis, it's an effective avenue to write the feelings that evoke the catharsis. I just came from another marathon that left me speechless, sad, in awe, and even depressed. It's been a long time ago since I learned that I am not just simple touched or moved by shows or movies that are haunting or sad, they scar me--and they impress upon me memories and evoke all sorts of emotions that are present in my very wide emotional spectrum.

These tears are proof of a love story albeit poorly written at some points, but left me a major impression of what selfless love is. Human beings are not perfect thus sometimes incapable of that sort of love. Jesus is the son of God and he is both human and divine and in this other story is Night, and he wasn't human and although he was programmed to love, he was one of the perfect examples and manifestations of love in the story. The humans in the story were also equally selfless in their pursuit of love and happiness.

Some parts were cliches already and yet I learned a lot in my two-day marathon of about 14 hours worth of a show that when you genuinely love a person, you'll do everything, even help your competition for that love just to make that person truly happy. It's really about sacrifice. If you love a person so much and so true, you know when to keep going but at the same time you would know when to stop and surrender. When a person's truly important to you, every waking hour and every remaining moment of your life is not wasted when you give it and offer or even spend it with that person whom you love. When you truly care about the other person's welfare, you know when to be strong for that other person even when you're truly breaking into pieces inside. Loving is accepting but loving is also knowing. Love is generous and it is sometimes too giving.

Cura personalis,
Magis.

So many wonderful things about love and yet they're easier to see in the movies and in tv programs. They seem less complex when they're woven into a script or a plot. Love makes us believe and yet love can make us frightful but it is not love I guess wholly but the memories of fear and pain we sometimes associate.

But we cannot blame ourselves always because of our shortcomings and failures. Anyway, we're only human--unlike Wan Nai Te

No comments:

Post a Comment